47th Annual Red Parka Challenge Cup – March 18th, 2022
Events details for the 47th Red Parka Pub Challenge Cup as displayed on SkiReg.com are below. Eastern Slope Ski Club and the Valley Children who benefit from ESSC programing and funding are the beneficiaries of the Red Park Pub Challenge Cup. As one of the Club’s largest fundraisers, we hope you will help us spread the word about this long running and beloved valley event!
The Red Parka Pub Challenge Cup Committee is happy to be presenting the 47th Annual Challenge Cup Race. The committee is setting a modest fundraising goal of $10,000 and “Bump It Up” yet again this year.
- MASKING POLICY WILL FOLLOW VAIL’S PROTOCOLS ON THE EVENT DAY
- Racers that deferred their enry fees from the 2020 event will have that credit used for their 2022 entry. The credit should show when you sign into your SkiReg account.
***UPDATE*** As of 1/14/22
Due to rise in COVID cases, there will be no Bib Draw at the Red Parka Pub the night before the race or skier buffet and raffle/auction after the race this year in Ptarmigan’s Pub. PLEASE REVIEW ALL INFORMATION BELOW TO UNDERSTAND HOW THIS YEAR’S RACE WILL OPERATE.
- All registered racers get a full day lift ticket to Attitash and guaranteed two runs on the race course. Additionally, registered racers will receive a race hat and be eligible to win raffles. This is an age 21+ race.
- Registration closes at 11:59 PM on Wednesday, March 16th. There will be no Bib Draw event at the Red Parka Pub. There will be no day-of registrations for the 2022 race.
- All proceeds from the race benefit the Eastern Slope Ski Club. There are no entry refunds.
- All racers must pick up their bib and sign a Vail Resorts Race Waiver prior to the race in the South Wing of the Attitash Base Lodge. Registration is open 7:30am-8:30am.
- All registered racers can opt-in for the PledgeReg, which allows you to set up a personal fundraising page for ESSC.
- The two highest fundraisers at the close of registration on Wednesday, March 16 will be awarded Bib #1 & Bib #2 for Race Day.
- The #1 fundraiser will also be receive recognition and a prize at the outdoor awards ceremony after the race on the Ptarmigan’s Deck.
- Due to this year’s circumstances, we will not waive racer fees if a racer raises over $300.
- Because we are not doing a Bib Draw or after party this year, there will be no open raffles this year.
- All registered racers will be eligible to win raffle bundles. Winners will be posted on our Facebook page and bundles can be picked up at the Race Award Ceremony after racing ends on the Ptarmigan’s Pub deck.
- M- Men – Top 32 will have run offs in finals – A & B Divisions
- W- Women **The Women’s Finals will be based strictly on the top 8 Women’s Qualifying times. Women will run against Women**
- MV- Vets 40-49 who have raced 3 times – Top 8 will have run off in finals
- ML- Men Local – mailing address in Mt Washington Valley (includes Fryeburg) top 8 will have runoff in finals
- Super Vets 50-59 who have raced 3 times – Top 2 will have run off in finals
- MVL- Men Vet 40-49 Local – prizes for top 3
- MVL50- Men Vet 50-59 Local – Prizes for top 3
- MVL60- Men Vet 60-69 Local – Prizes for top 3
- MV50- Men Vets 50-59 – Prizes for top 3
- MV60- Men Vets 60-69 – Prizes for top 3
- MV70- Men Vets 70+
4-person co-ed team with at least one member of the opposite gender. Team members’ fastest qualifying times are combined for the team results. ABSOLUTELY NO TEAM SIGN UP ON DAY OF RACE! TEAMS MUST BE SIGNED UP BY 16TH!
Racer’s fastest qualifying time is used to advance to the finals.
In the event that a Qualifier drops out of the any round of the brackets, the other racer gets a bye on that run.