48th Annual Red Parka Challenge Cup – March 17th, 2023
Event details for the 48th Red Parka Pub Challenge Cup displayed on SkiReg.com are below. Eastern Slope Ski Club and the Valley Children who benefit from ESSC programing and funding are the beneficiaries of the Red Park Pub Challenge Cup. As one of the Club’s largest fundraisers, we hope you will help us spread the word about this long running and beloved valley event!
- All registered racers get a full day lift ticket to Attitash and guaranteed two runs on the race course. Additionally, registered racers will receive a race hat and be eligible to win raffles. This is an age 21+ race.
- Registration closes at 11:59 PM on Wednesday, March 15. There will be a Bib Draw at 6 p.m. on Thursday, March 16 at the Red Parka Pub. The race fee is $100 to sign up on the day of.
- All proceeds from the race benefit the Eastern Slope Ski Club. There are no entry refunds.
- All racers must pick up their bib and sign an Attitash Waiver prior to the race. Registration is open 7:30am-8:30am.
- All registered racers can opt-in for the PledgeReg, which allows you to set up a personal fundraising page for ESSC.
- The two highest fundraisers at the close of registration on Wednesday, March 15 will be awarded Bib #1 & Bib #2 for Race Day.
- The #1 fundraiser will also be receive recognition and a prize at the outdoor awards ceremony after the race.
- A racer who raises over $500 will have their race fee waived.
- We will have raffles at the Bib Draw and Awards Ceremony.
- M- Men – Top 32 will have run offs in finals – A & B Divisions
- W- Women **The Women’s Finals will be based strictly on the top 8 Women’s Qualifying times. Women will run against Women**
- MV- Vets 40-49 who have raced 3 times – Top 8 will have run off in finals
- ML- Men Local – mailing address in Mt Washington Valley (includes Fryeburg) top 8 will have runoff in finals
- Super Vets 50-59 who have raced 3 times – Top 2 will have run off in finals
- MVL- Men Vet 40-49 Local – prizes for top 3
- MVL50- Men Vet 50-59 Local – Prizes for top 3
- MVL60- Men Vet 60-69 Local – Prizes for top 3
- MV50- Men Vets 50-59 – Prizes for top 3
- MV60- Men Vets 60-69 – Prizes for top 3
- MV70- Men Vets 70+
4-person co-ed team with at least one member of the opposite gender. Team members’ fastest qualifying times are combined for the team results. ABSOLUTELY NO TEAM SIGN UP ON DAY OF RACE! TEAMS MUST BE SIGNED UP BY 16TH!
Racer’s fastest qualifying time is used to advance to the finals.
In the event that a Qualifier drops out of the any round of the brackets, the other racer gets a bye on that run.